Friday, April 11, 2008

Mini Makeover


Avery has been pulling herself up in her crib for several months now, so after months of begging Duane to lower her mattress, he finally did. However, her existing bed skirt that Shawnae made for her ended up being too long for the new mattress height. I loved the toile that Shawnae had picked out, but I didn't want to be bothered with hemming (or bothered to beg Shawnae to do it). So what is a frugal girl to do? IKEA of course. Here is a pic of the mini makeover in Avery's room. I have an idea of how I want her room to look once we get her a big girls bed, so I'm not ready to paint yet. That means I wanted to work with the existing color, so here are the results. Not bad for mere $100. Note Avery and Chelsea to the right. P.S., I don't love the rug, but I was too lazy to take it back.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Perfect for a little Princess! You've got to just LOVE a little girls room :)

Melissa said...

Her room is so cute. I like the rug.

Bateman's Latest Kill said...

Thats what you did when you dogged me on Friday.

Asay Family said...

Her room is adorable! You gotta love IKEA it is the best place ever to shop.
Avery is so cute in her little exersaucer. Those pictures are so cute of her passed out in it.