Monday, March 31, 2008

Going Green


Duane and I made a new years resolution to go green. We have started recycling and are looking into rain barrels to store rainwater and use it to irrigate our trees. Duane has gone as far as looking into a thingamajiger that you put your dog poop into and it converts it into electricity. Apparently there is a prison that uses a contraption similar to this and it's the main source of energy. I haven't gone quite as big, but I have decided to give green cleaning products a try. I will miss the burning smell of bleach that reassures me all the creepy germs are exterminated and settle for the warm fuzzy feeling that Avery is safe from harmful chemicals.

10 comments:

LZ said...

poser!

Bateman's Latest Kill said...

What are you talking about we will be lucky if they haven't cut the doll heads off with a knife or scissors. We will really not be buying them any toys they will have cardboard boxes oh wait that is just something they will climb on and jump off of. No one is ever going to invite us to come over.

Melissa said...

you'll have to let me know if it works. Is is supposed to be safer around kids too?

Asay Family said...

You are a total stocker! ha ha ha Your little Avery is so adorable. I believe this is the first time that I have seen her and dang she is cute!
Go Green!

Becca said...

I'm not copying when I say this loser but I use the Seventh Generation brand of kitchen cleaner and dish soap. I don't use the detergent or anything like that yet but I think it's important to use it on Olivia's high chair and things that she eats off of...non-toxic style is the way to go! There is a brand called Shaklee (www.shaklee.com) that I'm looking into purchasing from. check it out.
p.s. Thanks about the Olivia comment I know you love her!

Asay Family said...

We are hood ratz for sure but I am cool with that. Where is your husband from?
How did ya'll meet?
I love that you are an avid responder. That is the greatest!

Bateman's Latest Kill said...

You and Becca almost keyword being almost are making me feel bad about my cleaner cause if it aint burning my nose it's not good, but then Becca has to use the baby card. Good thing you two help me have a conscience once in a while.

Diana & CJ said...

You'll have to let me know if you realy like this stuff. I've been wanting to buy some sort of "green" cleaning supplies with the new babe & all.
it was good to see you & Avery this weekend even if it was just for a little. Promise next time to bring my kid. I'm sure Avery & her will become good buds soon enough.

Becca said...

REMINDER: Everything is NOT a competition.
P.s. you better show on Sunday!

Asay Family said...

Thanks Mistie for pointing out my few minutes of fame. I :)